The date of our Summer Show is just 4 weeks away!
What: SaddleBack Summer Show
Who: Open to all SaddleBack riders; Leadline open to anyone (even if never ridden for us--ages 6 & under)
When: Saturday, August 26
Time: 8:00am - 1:00pm (each division will have their own estimated start time)
Where: SaddleBack Equestrian
- Divisions consists of 5 classes (Division descriptions listed on attached Prizelist); We recommend riders compete in an entire division which include 5 classes consisting of:
- 3 jumping or ground pole classes (Hunter I, Hunter II, Equitation Over Fences/Poles): each individual rider does the assigned “course” over 6-8 ground poles or jumps depending on their division. Each class is placed individually (1st-8th place ribbons for each class).
- 2 non-jumping/pole “Flat” classes (Hunter Under Saddle & Equitation on Flat): together, riders, walk, trot (and canter only for those in the cantering division) both directions of the ring. Each class is placed individually (1st-8th place ribbons for each class).
- Ribbons awarded for EACH class, plus Champion & Reserve Champion Ribbons for EACH Division
Costs: (Estimated Costs for Each Rider, excluding Leadline):
- Division (includes all 5 classes in Division): $75
- Trainer Coaching (for Trainer to coach rider through warm-up & all their classes): $35
- Office Fee (per each rider): $10
- School Horse Rental (for using one of SaddleBack's school horses instead of own horse): $30
- Total Cost: $150 per rider for Entire Division* (5 classes) w/School Horse, Trainer Coaching & Office Fees
- *If you are showing your own horse or leased horse then Total Cost is $120 instead of $150 (no school horse rental fee)
Leadline ONLY Class Cost:
- Leadline: for ANYONE 6 years of age or younger. Does NOT have to be a SaddleBack student—can be siblings, friends, neighbors, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc. These young riders will be led via leadline on one of SaddleBack’s school horses, walking only.
- Total Cost for Leadline: $25; SaddleBack can help to arrange someone (trainer or helper) to “lead” school horse around with rider, SaddleBack will provide helmets, horses & equipment; riding attire is NOT required
- 1st place Blue Ribbons awarded for EVERY rider that participates in Leadline class
Sign-up Sheets for this show (w/school horse reservations) are now posted up at the barn on the Tack Room window. Please sign-up ASAP to reserve your preferred school horse as they are on a first-come-first-serve basis. A $50 non-refundable deposit w/entry form is needed to reserve horse—refundable only if date change due to weather.
*School Horses Available (12 total): Belle, Penny, Lily, Payday, Mac, Charlie, Brady, Bishop, Shadow, Beau, Kip, Nim. Each of the 12 school horses can do 2 divisions PLUS leadline.
A Prize List with schedule/info and Entry Forms are posted at the barn or you can Email Us for a copy and we can email you pdfs of both.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We’re looking forward to a wonderful show and hope everyone can participate!