Sign up by NEXT MONDAY!
SaddleBack Spring Show -
Saturday, April 7
Our in-barn Spring show has been rescheduled to April 7--just 8 days away! Sign-up by this Monday, 4/2 if you haven't already! Sign-up Sheet posted on Tack Room window, entry forms in Tack Room.
What: SaddleBack Summer Show
Who: Open to all SaddleBack riders; Leadline open to anyone (even if never ridden for us--ages 6 & under)
When: Saturday, April 7
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm (each division will have their own estimated start time)
Where: SaddleBack Equestrian
- Divisions consists of 5 classes (Division descriptions listed on attached Prizelist); We recommend riders compete in an entire division which include 5 classes consisting of:
- 3 jumping or ground pole classes (Hunter I, Hunter II, Equitation Over Fences/Poles): each individual rider does the assigned “course” over 6-8 ground poles or jumps depending on their division. Each class is placed individually (1st-8th place ribbons for each class).
- 2 non-jumping/pole “Flat” classes (Hunter Under Saddle & Equitation on Flat): together, riders, walk, trot (and canter only for those in the cantering division) both directions of the ring. Each class is placed individually (1st-8th place ribbons for each class).
- Ribbons awarded for EACH class, plus Champion & Reserve Champion Ribbons for EACH Division
Costs: (Estimated Costs for Each Rider, excluding Leadline):
- Division (includes all 5 classes in Division): $75
- Trainer Coaching (for Trainer to coach rider through warm-up & all their classes): $35
- Office Fee (per each rider): $10
- School Horse Rental (for using one of SaddleBack's school horses instead of own horse): $30
- Total Cost: $150 per rider for Entire Division* (5 classes) w/School Horse, Trainer Coaching & Office Fees
- *If you are showing your own horse or leased horse then Total Cost is $120 instead of $150 (no school horse rental fee)
Leadline ONLY Class Cost:
- Leadline: for ANYONE 6 years of age or younger. Does NOT have to be a SaddleBack student—can be siblings, friends, neighbors, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc. These young riders will be led via leadline on one of SaddleBack’s school horses, walking only.
- Total Cost for Leadline: $25; SaddleBack can help to arrange someone (trainer or helper) to “lead” school horse around with rider, SaddleBack will provide helmets, horses & equipment; riding attire is NOT required
- 1st place Blue Ribbons awarded for EVERY rider that participates in Leadline class
Sign-up Sheets for this show (w/school horse reservations) are now posted up at the barn on the Tack Room window. Please sign-up ASAP to reserve your preferred school horse as they are on a first-come-first-serve basis. A $50 non-refundable deposit w/entry form is needed to reserve horse—refundable only if date change due to weather.
*School Horses Available (13 total): Belle, Penny, Lily, Payday, Mac, Charlie, Brady, Bishop, Shadow, Beau, Kip, Nim & Rose. Each of the 13 school horses can do 2 divisions PLUS leadline.
Prize List with schedule/info and an Entry Forms are available at the barn, or Email Us and we can send you PDF copies.
Please feel free to contact your trainer or us with any questions. We’re looking forward to a wonderful show and hope everyone can participate!